Looking to join us for a church service and wondering what to expect? Here are some of our most frequently asked questions to help!
What should I expect?
We look forward to welcoming you to a Sunday service! There will be lively, meaningful worship songs sung at each of our services. There will also usually be a Bible reading and a talk shared from the front. All are welcome to come along.
Where should I park?
- At Ashington there are a few free community car parks you can use, alternatively find a sensible free space on the road, or talk with the parking team in hi-vis to help find you a space.
- At Washington there is a free car park just beyond the church down the village lane. There is usually plenty of parking here for those attending.
- At Buncton there is a layby just where the path starts up to the church. Parking is limited here, so do arrive early to find parking.
How long are the services?
- The 9am at Ashington lasts 1.5hrs
- The 11am at Ashington lasts 2hrs
- The 9am at Washington lasts 1hr
- The 11am at Washington lasts 1.5hrs
- The 10am at Buncton lasts 1hr
Do I need to be a Christian to attend on Sunday?
- Not at all, everyone is welcome to attend services whether you’ve been a life-long believer, have questions about God, or really don’t want to come but feel like you should! If you’re not sure about things once you arrive, touch base with one of our team wearing a ‘Hosting Team’ lanyard and they’ll be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
Do you have kids and youth sessions?
- Absolutely, at the 9am at Ashington you’ll find kids work from 1-11 years, and at the 11am at Ashington you’ll find kids work and youth sessions too. Kids and youth are welcome at all our services, though the Ashington morning services have specific provision for their age groups.
What time should I arrive?
Aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before the service so you have time to park your car, check-in your kids to Kids Church and find a seat.
Is there a dress code?
We don’t require any fancy clothing, just come as you are!
Do I need to give money to attend church?
We hope to bless and serve those who visit us on a Sunday and do not expect any money in return. Those who call Chanctonbury their home are encouraged to tithe.